SCHEDULE: MWF 1-4 PM – maybe more as needed.
Personal Care Assistants provide “hands on” care by helping clients with activities of daily living.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CNA/HHA/PCA certification
- Complete criminal background check, DMV check, and drug screen
- Access to a car
- Possess valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Ability to communicate with clients in a courteous manner and treat them with respect
- 1-2 years working with the elderly
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Grooming, bathing, dressing and toileting
- Assisting with shaving, only with the use of an electric shaver
- Assisting with general skin care when skin is unbroken and when any chronic skin problems are not active. Skin care should be preventive rather than therapeutic in nature. *Caregivers may apply non-medicated lotions and solutions that do not require a physician’s prescription.*
- Assisting with pivot transfers (bed to chair, chair to bed, chair to commode, and wheel-chair to car) only when the client has sufficient balance and strength to reliably stand, pivot and assist with the transfer
- Adaptive and safety equipment may be used in transfers, provided the client and caregiver are fully trained in the use of equipment and can direct the transfer. *Caregivers can assist with the use of gait belts and transfer devices with the proper training and demonstrated competency.*
- Empty or change external urinary and ostomy bags.
- Assisting with client directed non-invasive (non-inserted) care only when there is no need for skilled skin care or for observation. Otherwise must be reported to a nurse
- Assisting client with blood sugar checks; that is limited to opening containers and handling equipment. *Caregiver cannot perform procedures.*
- Record and report changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior or appearance to Supervisor or Care Coordinator
To Apply: Go to www.companioncares.com/ jobs
Go to all jobs