A service geared towards clients who need assistance towards managing their home
- Meal preparation, planning, shopping and other errands such as transporting client to physician.
- Light housekeeping and laundry as needed.
- All companionship duties
Some things a homemaker MAY do or assist with:
- Change client’s linens
- Wash client’s dishes
- Perform light housecleaning (client living area)
- Do client’s laundry
- Plan and prepare meals
- Communicate health problems or other changes to the supervisor or care manager
- Shop or run errands
- Iron or mend client’s clothing
- Conduct correspondence
- Perform money management functions (check writing and balancing, bank deposit, paying bills, budgeting). No financial planning.
Things a homemaker MAY NOT do:
- Assist client with bathing, dressing, grooming (a home health aide would perform this task).
- Assist with toileting or elimination
- Assist with walking or exercises
- Give medications
- Perform heavy tasks- indoor or outdoor- i.e. washing windows or moving furniture.